Sunday, May 23, 2010

THIS ONE


For nearly two years now a thought has been going on in my mind, what is liberation or mukti or moksh and how to get to that condition? Why do some handful people reach it, many try to walk the path and majority others don’t want to bother about it? Is it a worthwhile pursuit? Does it make sense? I have been struggling with so many doubts and my mind has been tossed about like a toy from one end of the argument to the other as well as deep into its various angles. Finally I am sure of very little. One is that this is real and the second is that if one works for it then it will happen. I do not know anything more than this.

What is the big deal? Everybody in this part of the globe knows this much! Well.

This is a very personal matter, a very personal choice. For starters let me look at the question, why? The simplest answer that comes to my mind is why not? I am interested. I have a strong intent. I believe; the time has come. All the experiences that I have gone through in this life so far, confirms this and points to this. The next question is am I prepared or can I? Answer is that is I have no clue. My mind and body have been consistently throwing spanners in the wheel, trying every trick in the book to divert my attention and get me involved into various desires, fears and temptations. The credit goes to my intellect i.e. my life that I have not been trapped yet. Knowing them, both the mind and body won’t give in easily and will try again. But my life has other plans. The third question is what should I be doing to walk this road? Once again the frank answer is I have no clue. I am not going to become a sadhu. I am going to live in society and continue to work for a living. I understand the various dos and don’ts in this enterprise. I am confident to live my life at those terms which my life alone will decide. I trust my life. I want to make this one count.

No comments: